Are You a Victim of a Bus Accident in Washington?
Traveling by bus is affordable, convenient, and sometimes a necessity. Whether you use it for mass transit, a group trip, or a loved one travels on a school bus, you want to feel safe when going from Point A to Point B. Sadly, accidents happen — and, when they do, they are completely out of your control. Additionally, because many people on buses are either standing or not wearing seat belts, injuries from a bus crash can be more severe than other accidents.
If you do suffer injury in a Washington bus accident, contact an attorney as soon as you can. Learn about your rights to compensation for your medical needs and allow your lawyer to handle the complicated paperwork so you can focus on getting better and moving on.
Causes and Types of Bus Accidents
Bus crashes occur for many reasons, including:
- Operator negligence, such as: DUI, tire blowouts, operator dozing behind the wheel
- Collision with a pedestrian
- Collision with another vehicle
- Poorly maintained buses
- Bad weather conditions
- Bus rollovers
- Badly maintained roadway or street
What are My Rights?
As a victim of a bus accident in Washington, your attorney can help you work to receive compensation for your injuries. With a personal injury case, you are entitled to certain damages, including:
- Medical, such as hospital, doctor, and physical therapy
- Loss of earnings and future earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Current and future pain and suffering
Your bus accident attorney will work tirelessly to find out every detail of your case.
- Was the bus driver properly licensed?
- Was the driver properly rested according to state law?
- What were the weather conditions at the time of the accident?
- What are the responsibilities of the bus driver's employer and insurance company?
Your Tacoma bus accident lawyer investigates all of these issues and more to help you receive the help and compensation you deserve.